Camara Education is an international educational organisation dedicated to delivering real impact through technology by inspiring and empowering a young generation to improve their own life opportunities. Our mission is to transform education using technology to empower disadvantaged students. Our vision is a world-class technology-enabled education accessible to all.
Founded in 2005 in Dublin, Ireland, Camara has built a proven model of ‘education delivery’ that is both sustainable and highly scalable. Camara is a registered charity in the US, Ireland and the UK. Our services are delivered through a network of local education hubs in Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Tanzania, Zambia and Ireland, alongside a resource Hub in Dublin and London.
All hubs operate as social enterprises and serve local market needs through a sustainable business model.
Camara’s founding beliefs are:
- Poverty is unacceptable in the 21st century
- Education is the key to alleviating poverty
- Technology has the ability to radically improve education
Camara Education has won a number of awards, including the following:
- The Dóchas Award for Innovative Programme of the Year 2016
- Pan African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2016
- The Vodafone World of Difference Award
- The Arthur Guinness Award
- The David Manley Award
- The Social Entrepreneurs Ireland Award
- The Lord Mayor’s Award (Dublin)
- The Global Development Network ‘Most Innovative Development Project’ Award.
Camara exists because we believe the world would be a better place if all young people were empowered through innovative education to create the life they want to lead.